Act now for EARLY BIRD PRICING!!
Price will increase to $329 after
January 31, 2024!
|Wednesday, February 21 - Thursday, February 22 Add to Calendar
|6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Each Evening
4975 S Dean Martin Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89118
|Mariah Davis (800) 233-3182 Ext. 234
Download Enrollment Form
This seminar and manual were designed to solve the greatest disconnect in our industry: Flow charts that ask for irrelevant resistance tests and unloaded voltage tests. Traditional service information also lacks any advice for interpreting these results. To maximize the benefit of this seminar, it is as much about choosing better electrical testing methods as it is about the functions of Digital Volt/Ohm Meter (DVOM). This includes using in-class test boards for practicing the best settings, probes, and tricks for maximizing the tool. But more importantly, the course and hands-on exercises are designed from shop experience, not service information, to reinforce the best decision-making process the next time you’re staring at an electrical diagnosis. Topics include:
After attending this seminar, attendees will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Identify the proper leads and DVOM settings appropriate for the intended measurement.
- Recognize the best tests for each type of sensor or actuator.
- Performing loaded circuit voltage drop testing to isolate unwanted resistance on the power or ground side of a load.
- Solve failed component and circuit diagnosis
- Interpret various waveform attributes to cycling circuit activity (i.e. duty cycle, peak voltage, average voltage, frequency)
- Understand DVOM limitations to prevent misinterpretation of results.
This seminar was designed for just about everyone in the shop, except for those who are already expert DVOM users. This isn’t watered-down, though. More experienced techs will be challenged with new time-saving techniques. But our question for beginners is, ‘Why not learn the best strategies right away?’ Bring your DVOM and test leads to get the most out of the experience.
Mission: To provide superior quality training and create industry-leading programs that produce consciously competent technicians that provide safe and proper repairs of current and future automotive technologies.