Webinar Only: HYBRID BATTERY DIAGNOSTICS
- Please check your time zones for your area.
- Use the following manual coupon code for fantastic savings! HSD
- Please make sure to enter in the following information for each attendee during the checkout process:
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- PHONE NUMBER
|Dates||Wednesday, August 26 - Thursday, August 27|
|Time||5:30 pm to 7 pm Pacific each evening|
, Map →
|Instructor||Eric Walker & Kris Lewis|
|Contact||Heather Fitzgerald - (800) 233-3182 Ext. 325|
|Download Enrollment Form NOTE: Complete enrollment form and fax to (858) 486-8530.|
You may also like…
Webinar Information for Hybrid session 1:
This 3-hour webinar is the first of a two-part complete hybrid diagnostics webinar series. Batteries aren’t the most common failures in hybrids, but it’s a growing category because so many of the high market share hybrid models are finally aging out. Available diagnostics are mostly time consuming and inconclusive, so we’ve assembled the best collection of PIDs, controls, and testing strategies to minimize diagnostic time, as well as tool and equipment advice to keep you both productive and safe. Vehicle coverage includes examples from Honda, Toyota, Ford, BMW, Hyundai/KIA, General Motors, and more, but our test strategies are universal. There are multiple test options available for each topic, and one or more of them will work for you no matter what brand of hybrid you are working on.
Specific topics include:
- Using vague PIDs to track current flow into and out of battery packs
- Translating random PID polarity
- Battery stress-testing, and the need to use various test conditions (fault conditions vary!)
- Diagnosing with battery temperature
- Low State of Charge (SOC) backup plans
- Actual high voltage battery faults vs. sensing faults and connection voltage drop (e.g. buss bars)
- Battery failure case studies
For each discussion, we focus on the high level thought process to help you rule out entire categories of faults. From what’s left, tests are explained based on what is easiest and returns the most information with the least amount of disassembly. This is the opposite of the traditional linear flowchart strategy, and it gets you to the root cause faster than any other method.
Please note that all webinar related sales are final. No refunds.