ADVANCED CIRCUIT & ELECTRICAL TESTING
|Dates||Monday, July 10 - Tuesday, July 11|
|Time||6:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. each evening|
745 Constellation Drive
Huntsville, AL 35801 Map →
|Contact||Kristen Brooks - (800) 233-3182 Ext. 117|
|Download Enrollment Form NOTE: Complete enrollment form and fax to (858) 486-8530.|
This class is about using wiring diagrams as part of a larger strategy to increase testing accuracy and decrease testing time (and even the number of tests performed). We’re combining wiring information with codes, symptoms, system interactions, Scan Tool PIDs & controls, and other observations. Without having tested a single circuit you’ll be able to:
• Classify the fault (open, short to ground, short to power, short to circuit, resistance faults, etc.).
• Trace series & parallel current paths through diagrams for every operating condition.
• Cross off whole sections of the wiring diagram that can’t be the cause.
• Select fast and simple tests appropriate for the conditions and for the classification.
Yes, technicians who struggle with reading diagrams will gain important new skills. But for advanced technicians, each minute spent executing well on the bullet points above saves 10 minutes of testing time, so this seminar offers a quick payback for your investment. Specific topics include:
• Diagram symbols & terminology (there’s information you never knew was there!).
• Best test selection: Wiring overlays, load substitution, voltage drop, current direction/location, etc.
• OEM vs. aftermarket wiring diagrams (with specific Mitchell, AllData & MotoLogic information).
• Leveraging PIDs, controls, conditions, and relationships to trim the possible cause list.
• Ohm’s Law and practical applications for selecting tests and understanding results.
We’re confident that this seminar is exactly what you need to make you a lot more successful during circuit diagnosis, long before you even grab your DVOM. Beginners will win big, but even experienced technicians know that every new trick makes them better.